Thursday, September 20, 2012

Been a while and that kind of stuff

So it has been a while, when I last wrote anything here and last post was shit after all. So a little update about my doings. I have a kind of a big project coming that I am little by little doing now. Since I am having matriculation exam on next week, I don't really have any time for other things, but as soon as this period is over I am going to concentrate on that project. So the thing I am working on is about 20 minutes long story split into 3 to 5 songs, each with different feeling to them. Right now I am gathering the band and writing some lyrics. I have already drummer, guitarist and me on bass, but I am still seeking someone to sing and either a person for keyboard or for second guitar, although it would be good to have them both. If you want to participate in this project and live in Klaukkala - you can comment freely.
   I don't really have the full picture in my head what it's going to be, but I think that I want a dark story of apocalypse or something about a couple, who try to save themselves, but the end is not going to be happy, at least that is what I think for now. I have had this kind of idea for long, but I think now is the time that I can do it. It all started about a year ago, when I was thinking about movies and that they always have happy end, which kind of is starting to get really annoying. So I though that it would be awesome to write an album about end of the world, put it in grimmest colors and make everybody die. Because lets get serious, if a meteorite will hit the earth, everybody is going to die, one way or another. Nonetheless that was my first though. Now I am having motivations from Edge of Sanity song Crimson, which is 40 minute long song that is epic story about last child born on the earth. It made a huge impression on me and I want to kind of borrow some ideas from them. And then doom metal album One Last Smoke by 11th Hour. It's about a man who because of too much smoking had lung cancer and at the end of the album he died. If you really are into doom, then that record is seriously very touching. It is sad and epic at the same time, especially when the man dies at the end. So basically these 2 albums are my motivations. My aim is to have my story sound as epic and sad as are these albums.
   I probably am going to present at least a part of this story at a school concert 5.2. in my lyceum. So if you are interested, you are welcome to come and listen to my song. I don't really know yet, will it be free of charge or will you have to pay at the doors, but I will tell about that closer to the happening. But if you wont come to the concert, I will probably post the whole thing in YouTube, so you wont miss anything. But yeah, I think for know, that is it and I will try to remember to put all the updates about the album here and so.

Mikael

1 comment: